Pinterest has become special to many of us bloggers because of the unique traffic that we get from there.
As a new blogger working to generate traffic for my blog, I was thrilled when Pinterest blew traffic to my blog from 500 views monthly to over 5,000 views. From that time, my interest in Pinterest became renewed.
I was already considering blogging to be very challenging. In fact, I was no longer motivated to post much. But Pinterest changed that. I know you are already wondering how I was able to use Pinterest to grow my traffic as I have already said.
As a new blogger, getting traffic to your blog can be a really big problem. You may even run to social media with the hope that they can help you to solve the problem of traffic, but then, it does not work out as you had hoped.
Many have moved from creating YouTube channels, building their profiles on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn and on other platforms.
If you are lucky, for all the effort you put, you may get a few hundred visitors trickling to your site with hardly any subscribers. But Pinterest is actually different from other social media platforms.
It is so suitable for your business and brands. On the platform, there is an audience for your type of business so you are sure to get traffic there. You only need to identify the needs of your audience.
Marketing Tips to Drive Blog Traffic
There are reliable marketing tips that will help you reach out to your audience and drive traffic to your blog. Here are some of them:
1. Your profile: This a very important aspect. What would you want people to see about you? There are many blogs that just place a logo in their profile. But from my experience, a lot of people prefer to follow accounts that have the image of people in their profiles over some logo.
You can use your picture or that of you and your family (spouse or children). However, if you are more comfortable with using a logo,it is still good. You only have to make sure that the logo relates to your business or brand. When a user reaches your account, he should be able to notice something about you or your business.
2. Claiming other accounts: As you set your profile on Pinterest, you can claim other accounts such as YouTube, Etsy or Instagram. With the other accounts, you can gain access to more analytics for each of your Pinterest pins.
You can use the analytics to strategize to increase your views. You will be able to aggregate your monthly views across all your accounts. You can also use it to grow your followers as Pinterest users repin your pins. They will see your profile and be able to click on the follow pin.
3. Focus on a niche: If you center your pins around a niche is will be easier for Pinterest and the users to understand what your account represents.
The type of pins that you pin to your boards tell a lot about your niche of interest. When you pin, other interested users repin your pins and also save some of your pins.
This helps Pinterest to understand your niche profile and pinning behavior. So it would be a good thing to keep your focus on a niche and on relevant topics in the niche and use the relevant keywords that relate to the topic.
4. Give sufficient description: In the column for description, give short but sufficient descriptions that show what should be expected from your pins. For example, if you are in the health niche, you can have descriptions such as:
- Tips for good health
- Living a healthy life
- Routine practices for good health
5. Creating your pins: This is important to help you grow your audience. So you have to put some creativity in your pins. Let the title have the right keywords that will attract the attention of your audience such that they will be motivated to click on it.
It is possible to create multiple pins for the same blogpost. So make pins with different titles and observe which of them attracts more audience to your blog.
6. Call for action: Pinterest allows you to give a description of your pins. This helps you to promote your pins. You can use the opportunity to ask the audience to take action.
7. Add hashtags to your descriptions: Having keywords and hashtags in your descriptions will help Pinterest to give you the right suggestions.
8. Use quality images in your pins: Using quality images do attract the attention of users and even encourage repining.
Consistent use of quality images will get you more followers. You can get images from free stock photos. If you can also afford the paid stock, you go for them.
Always make sure that your choice of images can pass on some message about your content or add value to it. When choosing an image to use for your pin, avoid images that are too dark.
You should use brighter images with cheerful backgrounds. You can edit the images to give it the right tone.
9. Use large fonts: Select an attractive font for your pins and make them large enough to be visible even on mobile phones. Easy to read fonts can increase the chances of conversion. You don’t have to stick to only one type of font.
You can have about three or four fonts that you can use at different times, to hold the interest of your audience.
10. Include your blog name in your pins: This adds credibility to the content of your pins and also serves as a measure for security. Anywhere your pin is reposted, it will go with your identity.
People also see the content as credible because they can trace where it originated from. This can also help you to grow your brand because your pins can be identified anywhere they are seen.
11. Use board names that relate to your niche: Remember that your board name also determines if people scroll past your pins or if they stop by.
As you plan your keyboard names, you should think of keywords that your users will likely use in their search queries. Include those keywords in your board names. For example:
- Healthy lifestyles you can adopt
- Foods that boost your health
- How to improve your health
12. Create pins every day: You can set a target number of pins to create for your boards every day. You can go to your blogpost and take some images and highlights that you can use to make your pins. You can do this manually or schedule the pins using Tailwind. As you pin to your boards, you select boards to pin on according to their relevance and how they generate repins.
13. Join Group Boards: You should join group boards and also create pins on them. But you should create more pins on your boards than on the group boards. It is a good strategy to join group boards as they will help you to grow your traffic.
14. Repin from other Pinterest users accounts: It is good to repin pins from other accounts especially pins related to your niche. You can use the Pinterest search function and input your selected keyword to search for related pins. However, you have to be very careful so that you do not spam your boards with so many pins or with irrelevant pins.
How to Make the Best Use of Pinterest
- Best time for pinning: Observe to know when best to pin. Target to have your pins when Pinterest users can have good circulation of the pins. Many pinners prefer to pin in the evenings and around the end of the week. You may choose a time that suits you or when a lot of users are on Pinterest.
- Consistently pin from your blog: Always take fresh content from your blog to use as your pins. Pinterest always loves to have fresh content. So instead of frequently repining pins from other Pinterest accounts, it is better to get suitable and relevant pins from your blog.
- Make use of Analytics: You can use analytics to follow the performance of your pins. You can find out which of the pins get very high clicks and which of them is not performing well. You can also know your top performing boards and how your impressions are growing.
- Use automation for your pins: You can set the automation so that you don’t have to manually pin to your boards every day. Tailwind is useful for pinning automatically. You can pin using a board list or interval pinnings. The new Smartloop function allows to loop pins to the same board at different time intervals.
- Evaluate your Boards: From time to time, you need to evaluate your boards and the performance of your pins, how your followership is increasing, and how long it took for the shares of your pins to reach a peak. After evaluating, you can then re-strategize on how you can improve the performance of your pins on Pinterest.
Pinterest is a platform that you can greatly benefit from in terms of referring users to your blog and also sharing your pins.
If you can strategize and apply these tips that have been discussed, you are then sure to get higher traffic and more followers than you have been getting before.