Top on the priority of SME’s needs is access to good accounting services that Freshbooks meets. Our review is on the Affiliate Marketing Program run by Freshbooks, but first, we need a brief introductory talk about this accounting service provider and why SMEs use them.
Small and Medium-scale Enterprises (SMEs) are important. SMEs cover more than 90% of the total number of active businesses and more than 50% of employment.
SMEs are prevalent in every sector of the economy except in industries where the capital for operating can only be met by big businesses.
SMEs have continued to receive attention and support from their national governments in areas like access to finance, provision of specialized skills and training. Private institutions have provided services that could help SMEs achieve their goals.
Areas to discuss in this post:
- What is Freshbooks?
- Benefits of Using Freshbooks
- How Freshbooks Works
- Users of Freshbooks
- Freshbooks Affiliate Marketing Program
- Pros and Cons of Freshbooks Affiliate Marketing Program
- Pros of Freshbooks
- Cons of Freshbooks
- Getting Started
- What is a Niche Blog?
- Content Creation for Your Niche Blog
- Is Freshbooks Affiliate Worth Promoting?
What is Freshbooks?
Freshbooks is cloud-based accounting software that ensures Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) efficiently manage their accounting processes and automate important tasks. Businesses that do not have the potentiality to engage the services of certified accountants can benefit greatly from using Freshbooks to handle those tasks freeing them up to focus on their core business.
Freshbooks comes loaded with lots of features such as invoicing, time tracking, project management and team collaboration, expense tracking, financial reports, ability to receive payments online and client follow up. Freshbooks also has a mobile app that allows users to manage their accounts while on the go.
Freshbooks offers an affiliate program to marketers who are able to sell accounting services through their websites and blogs. Our review is on the merits and demerits of this affiliate program for those who may consider participating in it.
While an affiliate program may offer great income opportunities and benefits in the long run, what eventually matters is the quality of products that the company is selling. This is the reason we will consider Freshbooks’ services in more detail.
Benefits of Using Freshbooks
Your business could have just one employee or maybe you are into freelancing or you have 100 employees who are directly engaged with your business, these are some benefits that can be enjoyed from using Freshbooks software:
1. Enable SMEs Handle Accounting-related Tasks
Freshbooks accounting services cover areas such as invoicing, project management, team collaboration, acceptance of payments online, preparation of financial reports including expense tracking and following up with clients.
2. Lets You Focus on Your Core Business
Businesses that use Freshbooks for their accounting tasks are able to automate most of the processes while freeing more time for them to focus on their core businesses. This helps the businesses to better allocate their time towards tasks that increase productivity.
3. Easily Integrate With Other Applications
Freshbooks software makes integration with other well-known applications easy and seamless. Some popular applications that work with Freshbooks are Shopify, Stripe, Fundbox and many others.
4. Manage your Work on the go with Freshbooks Mobile App
Freshbooks comes with a mobile app version that lets you do your accounts-related work while in transit. There are no restrictions on places or time for your work.
5. Simple and Intuitive Platform
Freshbooks software is easy to navigate your way around even for those who are new to it.
6. Excellent Customer Support
Freshbooks offers customer support for free to its users through phone and emails.
There are many more benefits to be discovered in the use of Freshbooks. Every accounts-related need that your business could ever have is addressed in the software.
How Freshbooks Works
Freshbooks is cloud-based and is accessible from any part of the world provided you have your login credentials with you. It can also be accessed with any internet-enabled device.
Its mobile version lets you manage your tasks while still on the move. For those business owners or managers who are very mobile, Freshbooks can be used to keep their accounts updated.
Lastly, task automation helps to keep accounts management easy and seamless.
Users of Freshbooks
Freshbooks is best suited for the following categories:
- SMEs – Small and Medium Enterprises will benefit greatly from using the accounting software, especially for those who may not have the means to engage a full-time accountant.
- Professionals – Lawyers, architects, doctors and other professionals who may run their businesses as sole proprietors or as partnerships!
- Freelancers – As the jobs and client base of freelancers increase, so also the need to organize their operations into more manageable structures arises. Freelancers can use Freshbooks to automate their accounting processes to help improve productivity.
- Not for Profit Organizations that recognize the need to have their accounts updated without deploying too many resources for it!
- Everyone who has to deal with clients and accounts!
Freshbooks’ Affiliate Marketing Program
Freshbooks offers an affiliate marketing program to publishers who are interested in selling their products. Bloggers who are in the financial or business niches can promote Freshbooks services to their readers and earn commissions for every sale that goes through their platforms.
The Freshbooks affiliate marketing program is managed by the ShareASale network and participating in the program means that you need to first create an account on ShareASale, after which you sign up for the Freshbooks affiliate program. There are lots of resources to guide marketers on selling services and performance tracking.
The Freshbooks platform accepts leads from the following countries: Australia, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and the United States.
Pros and Cons of Freshbooks’ Affiliate Marketing Program
As with all business opportunities under consideration, we have to look into the merits and demerits to know if it suits you.
Pros of Freshbooks
- Freshbooks’ services offer great value to business organizations and individuals. Having a great product to market is the most important factor in your success as an affiliate marketer. You do not need to try hard in order to convince your readers to purchase the product.
- Commissions earned from the Freshbooks affiliate program are quite attractive; you get a $5 commission for getting a new account signing up for a free trial while a $55 commission is earned when a referral signs up and pays for the subscription.
- Marketers on Freshbooks’ affiliate program get access to a lot of helpful resources for promotion. They are offered marketing ideas, social media tips, strategies, newsletters and other resources that will make them successful in selling Freshbooks services.
- Freshbooks offers a dedicated in-house team to help marketers make the most of their promotions. Access to the team means questions are promptly attended to enhancing the productivity of marketers.
Cons of Freshbooks
- Freshbooks leads can only be accessed from some restricted countries, limiting the participation of marketers. These countries are Australia, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and the United States.
- Freshbooks services cover a narrow niche that restricts the number of bloggers that can participate in the affiliate program. Bloggers in financial and business niches will find the program most attractive while others may have to pass by the offer because their niches are different.
Cookie Duration – Affiliates are offered extended cookie life when their referrals click on their affiliate link and sign up for trial within 120 days
VIP Offers – Freshbooks gives VIP Offers to high performing marketers in the form of bonus commissions.
Dedicated Support Team – The in-house management team is always there to assist marketers to meet their needs.
Getting started with Freshbooks is quick and easy as you do not need any special skills to work around the system.
There are lots of learning resources available from Freshbooks to guide affiliate marketers.
For effective promotion of Freshbooks services through its affiliate program, it is advisable that you create a niche website or blog. I’ve had similar successes in other affiliate programs simply by using niche blogs to promote my affiliate business.
It is a process that takes time to develop, and I will show you how to create a niche blog for use in promoting the Freshbooks affiliate program. Before delving into creating a niche blog for Freshbooks affiliate, recall the restrictions on leads accepted by the company.
The main requirements for creating a niche blog are domain name and hosting which you can purchase for about $25. You will run the niche blog on WordPress. BlueHost is a very reputable company and they offer all you need to get your niche blog going.
What is a Niche Blog?
A niche blog is actually a blog that focuses on a particular topic. If you are creating a niche blog to promote Freshbooks, you can consider topics like blogger, finance, freelance or small business.
A niche blog is usually targeted at a particular segment or demography using high-quality content to attract and retain them. A financial blog will attract accountants, bookkeepers, business owners and managers, freelancers, consultants and other players in mainstream business.
Content Creation for Your Niche Blog
The quality of your content will determine if first-time visitors will return back to your blog, if they stay longer reading your blog posts, and if Google will rank your posts with good PageRank.
Quality content should be unique and original in delivery, contain facts that are accurate and freshly updated. The key to success with your niche blog is creating content that provides value to readers while recommending the use of Freshbooks services. You can achieve this by creating a product review page and linking it to other posts on your blog.
Let us look at a breakdown of numbers to get a feel of earning potentials for promoting Freshbooks. For every free trial sign up, you earn $5; and for every paid subscriber, you earn $55. That’s a total of $60.
- You earn $540 in commissions for getting 9 paid subscribers in a month
- You earn $1,020 in commissions for getting 17 paid subscribers in a month
- You earn $2,040 in commissions for getting 34 paid subscribers in a month
- You earn $4,080 in commissions for getting 68 paid subscribers in a month
From the above figures, you can see the earning potential of promoting Freshbooks services to a targeted audience.
Is Freshbooks Affiliate Worth Promoting?
The Freshbooks Affiliate program is worth promoting if you have a blog in the same or similar niche with Freshbooks services, or if it is the sole affiliate marketing program you are participating in. As a diversification strategy, you can add Freshbooks affiliate to other income-generating sources on your blog.
If you are able to get the right target audience on your blog, you could easily create recurring monthly income from those who sign up. Freshbooks is also worth creating a niche blog just to promote provided you do not fall outside the restricted countries.
Bloggers need to find ways to sustain their passion by ensuring that they are able to earn income from their blogs. There are a number of these money-making opportunities including affiliate marketing.
If you are going to participate in any affiliate marketing program, let it be one that sells good quality products and services to its customers. That way, you would derive the double benefits of bringing good products to your readers while earning income for this service.
Also, a great product sells itself even with little or no adverts, and that is what you stand to enjoy from selling Freshbooks services to your readers.
It isn’t all a bed of roses since Freshbooks’ affiliate marketing program is restricted to a particular niche. Bloggers outside that niche would experience very low conversion rates. There is also a restriction on countries that can participate in the Freshbooks affiliate program.
After careful consideration of the merits and demerits of Freshbooks affiliate, my verdict is that it is a profitable affiliate program for you if you are eligible to participate in it. You can start now by signing up for it.
Do you need a website and a free hosting plan for life? Congratulations; I found a platform for you that will help handle all technicalities pertaining to the set up of a WordPress website, hosting it and managing it. Read my detailed review of this online business community.