Push notification can be regarded as one of the newest kids on the block in the online advertising world.
It gave advertisers the opportunity to deliver short messages to their audience through mobile phones, the web, and mobile apps. In order words, the messages could be adapted to suit the particular delivery platform.
Of these 3 platforms, the growth of web push notification seems to have eclipsed the others. That’s for some good reasons since subscribers on web push notifications can receive these notifications even when they are not online.
That’s not the only advantage of web push notification; in fact, that isn’t even the best.
It is the fact that web push notifications provide permission-based advertising to users. Users have to accept the notification requests before they are signed up as subscribers. This has lots of advantages for advertisers and publishers as we will later find in this review of Push Monetization.
Let me take you through the basics of web push notification before delving into our review proper.
The main topics covered in this Push Monetization Review include:
- What is Web Push Notification and what should I Look Out For in Selecting a Web Push Notification Provider?
- Overview of Push Monetization
- The Main Features of Push Monetization
- Benefits of Push Monetization to Advertisers
- Benefits of Push Monetization to Publishers
- How Push Monetization Works
- Push Monetization Payments
- Pros and Cons of Push Monetization
What is Web Push Notification and what should I Look Out For in Selecting a Web Push Notification Provider?
Web push notification is a permission-based digital marketing strategy for delivering short messages to the web browsers of subscribers.
Before a web visitor becomes a subscriber to the notification messages, a request is first sent by the site requesting for the visitor’s permission. Once this is granted, web push messages can then be sent to the subscriber at periodic intervals.
The messages delivered to the subscribers can take any form – could be stock price updates, breaking news, sports results, inspirational messages, etc.
Today, most major browsers used for surfing the internet support web push notifications. These browsers include Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera.
Web push notifications are non-intrusive methods of communicating with the target audience. This is also observed by the conversion rate that ranges from 6% to as high as 15%. This is good news for advertisers looking for reliable means of communicating with their market.
Every web push notification service is powered by a provider, and to help you in choosing the right provider, here are some things to look out for.
- Main functionalities of the platform which must meet the basic needs of advertisers.
- Data security of subscribers to ensure that they are not exposed to unauthorized persons.
- Ease of implementing web push campaigns to reduce dependence on the service provider while giving advertisers more control.
- The integration of the web push service on a website should not slow it down or negatively impact the user experience of visitors.
- Advertisers should be able to easily export the subscribers’ details.
These are the basic things to look out for when deciding on a web push service provider, which brings us to our review on Push Monetization.
Overview of Push Monetization
Push Monetization is an advertising network that uses web push technology to deliver revenue-generating value for advertisers and publishers.
The Push Monetization network comprises advertisers who need to communicate their messages to customers in a reliable way, and publishers who own sites and blogs on which visitors sign up for the web push service.
Web push technology makes it possible for subscribers to receive instant, short messages through the web browsers. Push Monetization services are supported by most of the major browsers currently in use.
Push Monetization offers a platform for advertisers to reach out to their target market, drive user engagement, stimulate a desire for their products, and boost revenue. Publishers also increase their earning capacity through revenue sharing on Push Monetization.
The web push service provider may be young – established in 2017. This has not prevented its rapid growth because users find its services very valuable for meeting their business objectives.
Here are some basic features to expect from using Push Monetization.
The Main Features of Push Monetization
I. CPM bidding among advertisers – Push Monetization sends only one notification a day to its subscribers.
This opens up a bidding process for advertisers who want their messages to be sent to the subscribers. The winning bids are then selected and queued for delivery a day before the messages are sent.
II. Leverages on the power of web push notification – Web push technology is a rapidly-evolving space in the digital marketing industry, with great prospects of delivering an innovative solution as the days go by.
Push Monetization has rightly positioned itself as one of the pioneers driving change in this novel technology that delivers value to advertisers, publishers and subscribers.
III. Gives users the option of subscribing – The web push notification service from Push Monetization is permission-based. This means that subscribers have to opt-in before messages will be sent to them. There is no spamming or sending of unsolicited messages to anyone.
IV. Non-Intrusive methods of advertising – Messages from Push Monetization are non-intrusive in nature, and so do not cause any distraction or irritation to subscribers. In a worst-case scenario, the subscriber may choose not to respond or read the notifications received from the service provider.
V. Send push notifications to subscribers on their mobile devices – Even though it is explicitly referred to as web push notification, subscribers can receive the notification messages on their Android phones, desktop or laptop computers.
VI. Fully-compatible with major browsers – Advertisers and publishers have a wider net to fish with since virtually all browsers support web push technology.
VII. Learning resources for advertisers and publishers – Push Monetization provides a lot of learning resources and guidance for users on its platform. These resources offer step by step guidance on using the platform.
VIII. Global reach – Push Monetization has a global reach that services more than 100 platforms around the world.
Push Monetization provides revenue-generating value to both advertisers and publishers. As we’re going to examine in the following sections, these two groups have many other benefits to derive from Push Monetization.
Benefits of Push Monetization to Advertisers
1. Push Monetization messages can be received on both desktop and mobile devices – giving advertisers a wide potential reach for communicating their messages.
2. The non-intrusive nature of web push notification makes it appealing to a great number of subscribers. And with such an appeal comes a higher engagement rate with adverts sent through web push notifications.
Advertisers are able to witness a high conversion rate for web push notifications compared to the other communication channels – sometimes having as high as 15% conversion rate.
3. Push Monetization gives advertisers a platform to instantly connect with prospects through highly-targeted web push messages.
4. Great for building brand loyalty – Since users have to grant permission before being listed as Push Monetization subscribers, there is a high degree of responsiveness to the messages they receive.
Subscribers are more susceptible to becoming loyal to brands they have already granted permission to communicate with them.
5. Easy sign-up – It’s so easy that only a click is needed to sign up as a subscriber on Push Monetization. No need for divulging any personal details.
Benefits of Push Monetization to Publishers
1. Additional income streams from revenue sharing – Publishers who enjoy a significant amount of traffic to their sites can include Push Monetization as an alternative income stream.
Push Monetization provides a revenue-sharing model where publishers earn a percentage of total earnings from advertisers – with publishers increasing their earning capacity on each new subscriber sign up.
2. Notify subscribers of new content – The web push notification can also be used by a publisher for notifying subscribers of any offer or new content published or posted online.
3. Free to sign up – There are no fees associated with signing up on Push Monetization. Publishers are free to join and enjoy the services.
4. Runs concurrently with other ad networks – Push Monetization services do not, in any way, replace other ad networks or platforms that publishers belong to. Instead, both networks can be run by the publisher.
For example, a publisher signed up on Google AdSense can still feature Push Monetization ads on his/her site, without causing interference or impeding the user-experience of the visitors.
5. Easy setup – Integrating Push Monetization on a site is quite easy and straightforward. For those who may have difficulties in setting it up, there is a dedicated support team that offers step by step guidance on integration and set up.
6. Global reach ensures that publishers are able to monetize traffic from most countries of the world.
7. Push Monetized blog – The Company has a well-designed blog containing numerous posts that provide guidance in using Push Monetization platforms.
The layout is professionally done with categories that adequately cover important issues concerning its users. The different categories covered in the blog include Advert Advice, Tools, Audience and Traffic, Push Notifications, Monetization, and Optimization.
How Push Monetization Works
It is important for publishers to have an understanding of how the Push Monetization platform works to ensure the efficient optimization of available tools. Push Monetization also makes this easy by providing a step-by-step setup and guidance through its learning resources.
This section gives a concise description of how to use Push Monetization.
Step 1 – Integrating Push Monetization on Your Site! As a publisher, you are provided with code snippets that should be pasted on your site or blog.
Select the place where you would like the code snippets posted on your site. And once done, visitors will see a prompt or pop-up asking if you would like to receive notifications.
The prompt displays 2 options for your visitors to choose from – “Block” and “Allow”.
Step 2 – By selecting the “Allow” option, the visitor indicates acceptance of the subscription request. Clicking “Block” means that the visitor rejected the request to be one of your subscribers.
Step 3 – Web push notifications are then sent to the subscribers on an everyday basis. These messages can be received by the subscribers on their Android devices, desktop and laptop at anytime, even if they are not online.
Step 4 – The commencement of the bidding process by advertisers on a Push Monetization platform.
The more subscribers you are able to enlist from your site, the higher the revenue that accrues to you.
Push Monetization Payments
Push Monetization is free for publisher sign up, no fees whatsoever!
The payout on Push Monetization is weekly on a net-3 basis.
Pros and Cons of Push Monetization
Our review is only as objective as we present it to be. This isn’t, however, possible without considering the advantages and disadvantages of Push Monetization.
Pros of Push Monetization
- It is a free platform that requires no payments or fees before advertisers or publishers sign up
- The platform offers an additional income stream for publishers from revenue sharing with Push Monetization
- Push Monetization is easy to integrate with a site or blog
- Great platform for advertisers to drive user engagement, deliver messages to a highly-targeted audience, and boost conversion
Cons of Push Monetization
- The UI design of the platform needs to be worked upon to improve user-experience
- Conversion rate lower than some other marketing channels like email marketing
Web push technology offers a permission-based marketing system of sending messages to subscribers’ desktop, laptops, mobile devices, and mobile apps.
A number of service providers have created different products to leverage this technology, with Push Monetization being one of the most prominent of them.
Push Monetization offers income-generating opportunities for both advertisers and publishers. While advertisers are able to grow their businesses through the use of web push notifications, publishers are offered a revenue-sharing opportunity on Push Monetization.
The platform is free to sign up and offers enough learning resources for those who are new to the system.
Now that you have all the needed information about Push Monetization and how it can benefit your business, getting started is just one click away.
Are you about creating a personal website to boost your online business and move it to the next level in the online world? I found the best site builder software for you – and that’s Wealthy Affiliate SiteRubix. Learn more by checking out my review of Wealthy Affiliate University.