Giveaway contest on YouTube is one of the effective ways of bringing new viewers and subscribers to your YouTube channel. You can use this to engage your viewers and continue to grow your YouTube audience.
In this article, I will share with you 7 ideas that you can use to increase your audience size through a giveaway contest. Before we start discussing the ideas, I will advise that you go through the YouTube contest policy to avoid issues that can lead to the banning of your channel.
Here are some things you should focus on:
- Entry to the giveaway contest must be free
- Set rules that will disclose when an entry is invalid and your sponsorship should be stated
- The awarding of prizes should be done according to what is stated in the rules, the conduct of the contest should also follow the rules
- You should make a disclaimer that YouTube doesn’t sponsor your contest and they are not associated with it.
Note that these points stated above are just extracted from the YouTube contest policy and they should be followed; make sure you go through the entire policy to get a better understanding of it.
Here are the ideas we will examine:
- Subscribe to win the contest
- Co-host a live session
- Suggest a topic contest
- Recommend or suggest the next guest
- Activity during live sessions
- Get a chance to be featured
- Guest posting opportunity
1. Subscribe to Win the Contest
This is one of the easiest types of contest to conduct, even a new YouTuber can run it effectively. This involves you telling your viewers to subscribe to your YouTube channel and also turn on the notification for your post.
This will grant them access to compete in the contest, and a chance to win the prize. To pick a winner, you have to randomly select one person out of the people that subscribed to your Channel during the contest.
This contest is very easy to carry and because of that, it is very common amongst new YouTubers. Most of the contests out there are fake, and they don’t reveal the winner of the contest at the end.
They also don’t reveal the process with which they chose their winner, and because of this, they might lose the subscribers they have gathered. So make sure all the process involved in the contest is transparent, the rules are clearly stated. If you do this, you will be able to build trust and credibility with your audience.
You can check for your recent subscribers by:
- Going to studio.youtube.com
- Clicking on the recent subscriber option
- Clicking on the view all option, you can sort the display of the subscribers based on the date.
2. Co-host a Live Session
If you already have a large community on YouTube, people will love to be involved in your channel in one way or the other. This will help them gain recognition and awareness in the industry.
In this type of contest, you can ask your viewers and subscribers questions. The person with the best answer will get a chance to feature on your channel.
3. Suggest a Topic Contest
As a content creator, the best place to get topics to write on is through your audience. To get ideas from your audience, you might need to encourage them with something so that they can share the best idea with you and what they would love to watch.
In this contest, you can ask your viewers during a live session or in a video to suggest ideas for the next video or content. You can then check through the ideas suggested and pick the best out of it. In your next video, announce the winner of the contest and do a video on the winning idea.
4. Suggest/Recommend the Next Guest
For people who run a talk show, this type of contest is the best way to engage their audience. This way you can get them to suggest who they want next on your show. There are different ways to run the contest.
- Vote for the next guest: You can pick out the names of famous and influential people you know your audience will like to watch on your channel. You can then ask your audience to vote for who they want. This method can also help you if the person has turned you down before, you can go on to show him/her how much your audience wants him/her on the show
- Mention the next guest: In this style, you can pick a topic you want to talk about in your video, you can then ask your audience to suggest who can do justice to the topic.
It is not a must that the suggested guest should be present at the show, but you must keep your audience updated on how things are going with the guest.
5. Activity During the Live Session
During a live session on your YouTube channel, you ask your viewers to do some activities to engage them.
At the end of the show, you can announce the winner and award him/her. These are some of the activities you can use to engage your audience. You can prompt them to:
- Ask questions that are relevant to the show
- Subscribe to your newsletter
- Join your community
- Follow you on other social media platforms
- Register for some of your paid courses
One of the benefits of this method is that you can easily engage your audience till the end of the live session. They will stay because they want to know the winner of the contest. This will help you increase the viewer’s engagement on your channel.
6. Get a Chance to Be Featured
Your audience will like this type of contest if you are in the self-development niche; this involves you creating content that will help your audience improve in their personal, social, and professional life.
You can organize a contest where the winner gets to share his story and perspective with your audience. This will help you build a stronger relationship with your audience and make them loyal to you.
7. Guest Posting Opportunity
If you are a blogger and your site is famous in your industry, this is a good contest for you to increase your authority in your industry.
You can organize a contest where the winner gets a guest post on your site or the opportunity to contribute to your site. This is good for bloggers that are just starting up, it will help them grow their blog.
YouTube giveaway is one of the best ways to grow your audience and increase your engagement, but you shouldn’t just do it like that. You should hold a contest where your audience can tell you what they want to see, remember it is not about you; it’s about them.
Focus more on adding value to your audience; this will help you keep old subscribers and still fetch your new ones. Pick the giveaway contest that suits you and hold it accordingly.
Are you willing to build a multiple stream of income from home? Do not hesitate to learn how you can do that by reading my Wealthy Affiliate review.